Gavin MacBain Meldrum
- passionate about the Highlands of Scotland.
- lived in or around the highlands all of my life
- has extensive knowledge of roads, trails and points of interest built up over many years by motor vehicle, walking from the west to east coasts several times, and sailing around the Highland eastern and western coastlines and islands.
- a keen motorcyclist (Member of Institute of Advanced Motorists)
- a previous Commodore of Cromarty Boat Club
After taking early retirment in February 2019, following a 45 year career in North Sea crude oil production and processing, I qualified as a Scottish Tourist Guide “Green Badge” in May 2019.
Currently a regional affiliate of the Scottish Tourist Guides Association (STGA) and Highlands of Scotland Tour Guide Association (HOSTGA).
With a particular passion for the Highland culture, history, and archaelogy, I know points of interest along almost all the byways and highways very well and, indeed, many smaller "roads less travelled" just as intimately. Off the beaten track I have walked from the west coast to the east several times via some very remote, and special, parts of the beautiful Highlands of Scotland. Along with my sailing experience I have gained the unique knowledge only those who take to the sea can have of the stunning coastline and island communities.
Finding fine dining in out of the way locations, avoiding as much as possible the "inauthentic" and sharing these experiences are some of my passions.
For those who wish stunning landscapes and experiences then get in contact, I'm pretty sure I can make your visit a real pleasure with memories to savour for a very long time.
Continued professional development is essential for a customer based service and equally stimulating for me; some examples are detailed on the News page.
As well as operating motohighland I take part in specific voluntary services. Co-opted on Resolis Community Council as Black Isle Tourism Team representative.